Food Pantry and Clothing Closet
Holy Innocents Church in Duvall seeks to fulfill its mission of service to all in need who come to seek aid. The existing outreach center receives donations from parishioners and other community members.
If you would like to make a monetary contribution to the Food Pantry, please donate here.
The food pantry is stocked with canned goods and toiletries (soaps, personal hygiene items, disposable diapers, etc.) We also have two refrigerator/ freezers stocked with fresh and frozen items. Anyone who comes to the church asking for help is welcome to shop in our Food Pantry. They are required to fill out a simple form so we can track how many are served. They may come to the pantry once a week. No one is discriminated against for any reason.
- We currently have a group of 35 volunteers who keep the pantry open twice a week.
- We serve between 40 and 60 families each week: typically more in the winter.
- Food and non-food items to stock the pantry are given by parishioners and the community. We also receive “day old” items from local groceries and businesses such as Safeway, Panera Bread, Grateful Bread, etc. Volunteer ‘gleaners’ pick up the items from the stores and bring them to the church.
- In addition, money donated by parishioners is used to by needed items for the pantry. Volunteers do the purchasing.
The Food Pantry is open Tuesdays 4:45 to 7 pm and Wednesdays 10 to 11:45 am.
Suggested donations for the pantry are in the list below. Items can be dropped off any day of the week during regular business hours. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
- Tomato Sauce
- Hearty soups
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Salad Dressing
- Ketchup, Mustard & Mayo
- Fresh Fruits & Veggies
- Ground Coffee
- Toilet Paper
- Tooth Brushes
- Shaving Cream
- Resealable Plastic Bags
- Dish/Laundry Detergent
- Household Cleaners
Holy Innocent Church in Duvall seeks to fulfill its mission of service to all in need who come and seek aid.
The Holy Innocents Outreach Centers includes:
- The Clothing Closet from which individuals are invited to take clothing, shoes, and small household items.
Parishioners and the community donate items for the Clothing Closet. We accept only clean, “gently used”, clothing, shoes, and small household items. Occasionally we receive new items such as jackets and blankets. All are sorted and arranged by volunteers. There is no cost for the clothing. After a few weeks the remaining items are donated to the St. Vincent de Paul store in Monroe.