Food Pantry and Clothing Closet
Holy Innocents Church in Duvall seeks to fulfill its mission of service to all in need who come to seek aid. The existing outreach center receives donations from parishioners and other community members.
If you would like to make a monetary contribution to the Food Pantry, please donate here.
The food pantry with cupboards stocked with canned goods and toiletries (soaps, personal hygiene items, disposable diapers, etc.) We also have two refrigerator/ freezers that are stocked with fresh and frozen items. Anyone who comes to the church asking for help is invited to fill two grocery bags full of any items they wish. All that is required is that they fill out a simple form so that we can track how many are served. They may come to the pantry once a week. No one is discriminated against for any reason.
- We currently have a group of 35 volunteers who keep the pantry open twice a week.
- We serve between 40 and 60 families each week: typically more in the winter.
- Food and non-food items to stock the pantry are given by parishioners. We also receive “day old” items from local groceries and businesses such as Safeway, Panera Bread, Grateful Bread, Starbucks, etc. Volunteers ‘gleaners’ pick up the items from the stores and bring them to the church.
- In addition, money donated by parishioners is used to by needed items for the pantry. Volunteers do the purchasing.
The Food Pantry is open Wednesdays 10 to 11:45 am and 3 to 4:45 pm.
Suggested donations for the pantry are in the list below. Items can be dropped off any day of the week during regular business hours. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
- Tomato Sauce
- Hearty soups
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Salad Dressing
- Ground Coffee
- Toilet Paper
- Tooth Brushes
- Shaving Cream
- Resealable Plastic Bags
- Dish/Laundry Detergent
- Household Cleaners
Holy Innocent Church in Duvall seeks to fulfill its mission of service to all in need who come to seek aid. The existing outreach center receives donations from parishioners and other community members.
The Holy Innocents Outreach Centers includes:
- The Clothing Closet from which individuals are invited to take clothing, shoes, and small household items (dishes, mattresses, small toys).
- In 2007, 253 bags of clothing were given out for no charge. In addition, 5 computer systems we given to families in need. We gave 25 new blankets out.
Parishioners and people in the community donate the items for the Clothing Closet. We accept only clean, “gently used”, clothing, shoes, and small household items. Occasionally we receive new items such as jackets and blankets. They are sorted and arranged by volunteers. There is no cost for the clothing. If any items remain for several months, they are donated to the St. Vincent de Paul store in Carnation.
The Clothing Closet is open at the same time as the Food Pantry:
Wednesdays 10 am to 11:45 am and Wednesdays 3 to 4:45 pm.