God Gives it All and then Calls Us to Share
Everything we have and everything we are is a gift from God. Stewardship is the ability to share our gifts of life, time, talent, and treasure with others – with no strings attached and no conditions. We share these gifts out of our love for God and gratitude to Him.
A Christian Steward . . .
- Receives God’s gifts gratefully
- Cherishes and tends our gifts in a responsible, accountable manner
- Shares them in justice and love with others
- Returns them with increase to the Lord
Five Principles of Stewardship Giving
- Planned ~ We spend time in thought and prayer when deciding what to give, rather than merely giving what we happen to have left at the end of the week.
- Proportionate ~ Our giving is proportionate to what God has given us. We give in proportion to the gifts we have received.
- Sacrificial ~ We give back to God from our substance, rather than our abundance.
- Grateful ~ Our offering is a grateful response to the immense love God has for us.
- A Gift ~ What we give is a gift, given without reservation or condition.