TreasureWritten by carrie.haines on Jul 29, 2011
Building Mortgage Campaign: Living Stones: The mortgage payment on our building is $24,000 per month. Our current pledge period runs through December of 2013. Our community has claimed 1 Peter 2:5 as our verse of inspiration and hope as we work together to cover our loan and welcome your support in this effort. “You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be ahoy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
Parish Stewardship of Treasure: Each year we ask our parishioners to reflect and re-evaluate their financial stewardship and commit a portion of their financial gift toward covering the costs of the ongoing operations and ministries of our Holy Innocents.
Archdiocesan Collections and Campaign
- Operation Rice Bowl: This Lenten program has a fundraising component to it, along with resources for prayer, fasting and learning. 75% of donations fund developing world agriculture, education and self-sufficiency projects. 25% is distributed as grants in Western Washington for local hunger projects and antipoverty programs.
- Catholic Relief Services Collection: Mandated by the United States Catholic Bishops, this fund provides for Catholic Relief Services, US Catholic Bishop’s Dept. of Justice, Peace and Human Development; Holy Father’s Relief Fund, CLINIC and US Catholic Bishop’s Migration and Refugee Services
- Annual Catholic Appeal: This appeal provides a portion of the funds for the central budget of the Archdiocese, funding 63 ministries and service throughout Western WA communities, including priest’s and sister’s retirement, pastoral care ministries, faith formation, religious education and seminarian formation among others
- Peter’s Pence: This collection allows local Catholics to join the works of the Holy Father in helping to relieve the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable; victims of war, oppression, and natural disasters.
- Build Hope: This collection supports two national campaigns instituted by the US Bishop: The Catholic Campaign for Human Development and the Catholic Communications Campaign. The CCHD serves to combat domestic poverty and to implement the Church’s social teaching. Catholic Communications supports the Church’s efforts to use modern means of Communication to spread the Gospel
- World Mission Sunday: This collection is celebrated in all the local Churches as the feast of catholicity and universal solidarity so Christians the world over will recognize their common responsibility with regard to the evangelization of the world, benefiting the Society for the Propagation of the Faith.
- Catholic Community Services Week: The annual CCS week informs parishioners about the work of CCS and the Archdiocesan Housing Authority. CCS is the official social service outreach of the Catholic Church in Western Washington.
*Stewardship of Time and Talent Campaign: Once a year, usually around late spring, we invite parishioners to consider sharing their time and talent in one of our parish ministries.